This Cross Agency Priority (CAP) Goal has been refreshed and renamed Frictionless Acquisition.
Administrator for Federal Procurement Policy, Office of Management and Budget
Senior Procurement Executive, Department of Homeland Security
Senior Procurement Executive, Department of Commerce
❝We must reduce the costly lag between when our customers identify needs and when they receive solutions.❞
The Federal Government will deliver commercial items at the same speed as the market place & manage customers’ delivery expectations for acquisitions of non-commercial items by breaking down barriers to entry using modern business practices and technologies.
Agencies will leverage advanced technology & best commercial & public sector practices to support a transformed acquisition environment where, by 2025:
- 90% of routine, non-major acquisitions and 80% of complex major acquisitions are completed in a time frame and comparable to private sector averages or benchmarks of leading state and local governments, or federal agencies;
- The number of unique businesses receiving federal prime contracting dollars has increased by 15%;
- The number of new entrant small businesses has increased by 30%;
- 80% of customers & other internal and external stakeholders rate delivered service and experience with the acquisition process as above average or better; and
- 75% of acquisition employees feel empowered and enabled to innovate on behalf of the taxpayers they serve.
September 17, 2020
September 2020 Updates Show Progress on Cross-Agency and Agency Priority Goals
July 06, 2020
July 2020 Updates Show Progress on Cross-Agency Priority Goals, Agency Priority Goals & More
Today, we published progress updates for both Cross-Agency Priority (CAP) Goals and Agency Priority Goals (APGs) for the first and second quarter of FY2020. These updates highlight recent milestones and accomplishments as well as related initiatives that support progress towards a more modern and effective government.