- This course has been co-developed with federal staff with the intention to create an immersive and dynamic learning experience.
- This course is self-guided to allow flexibility with learning. You can engage with the materials either with a team or on your own.
- Each Video Lesson is interactive. You will watch videos, reflect, write, or discuss.
- Each Video Lesson is designed to be completed within 20-30 minutes. This structure ensures that you can easily incorporate the lessons into your schedule.
- To make the most of this course, consider dedicating a specific time during the week to engage with each lesson. This consistent commitment will help you stay on track and fully immerse yourself in the learning experience.
- Download the Guidebook. Save it onto your computer or print it out. It contains all the key topics and guidance from the video lessons and additional activities and resources.
In Lesson 1, gain a foundational understanding of trauma, its impact on disaster survivors and the relevance of a trauma-informed care approach in disaster recovery.
In Lesson 2, explore trauma-informed techniques that can enhance your current disaster response practice.
In Lesson 3, recognize and manage stress, burnout, and foster personal, team, and organizational well-being.