U.S. Federal Agency
United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Ensure the safe and secure use of radioactive materials
- Provide quality licensing and oversight of nuclear facilities and radioactive materials.
- Ensure that regulatory requirements adequately support the safe and secure use of radioactive materials.
- Maintain emergency preparedness and response capabilities for NRC and NRC-licensed facilities.
Continue to foster a healthy organization
- Foster an organizational culture in which the workforce is engaged, adaptable, and receptive to change and makes data driven and evidence based decisions.
- Enable the workforce to carry out the agency’s mission by leveraging modern technology, innovation, and knowledge management to support data-driven decisions in an evolving regulatory landscape.
- Attract, develop, and maintain a high-performing, diverse, engaged, and flexible workforce with the skills needed to carry out the NRC’s mission now and in the future.
Inspire stakeholder confidence in the NRC
- Engage stakeholders in NRC activities in an effective and transparent manner.
- Uphold an NRC decisionmaking process that is data driven and evidence based while ensuring information is available and accessible to interested stakeholders.